About Me

My photo
I am not skilled in rhetoric, I am not the next great American writer, I write because it helps me to think and to see the world differntly then I would have if I had not laid out my thoughts. Married, 4 grown children, grandchildren, retired, Catholic, conservative, Republican

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    Tuesday, June 9, 2009

    In listening to all the talk on TV about Washington, I have come to think of this whole process as a "novella" A soap opera. Mexican, South Americans have the best soap operas. They have a good guy/girl, and a bad guy/girl. And when I say bad, I mean bad, bad to the core, tittering on
    the evil and evil at many times. Most of the time the bad person is given the chance to redeem themselves, most chose not too and end up in prison or dying a horrible death.
    Like Politics, well maybe not like Politics, novellas have an ending. They generally run 6 months, some a bit more, but they always end.

    In watching the MSM, I can often see the soap opera connection to politics. The MSM is the bad guy along with certain politicians. They craft, they plod, they plan, to destroy the good guy.
    Lies, planting evidence, leaving out certain truths, bending the truth. And while they plot their evil, there is always the evil smirk, the menacing laugh! Yes, politics, the media, they have lots in common with novella's.

    Novella's are addicting more so then your regular daytime soap opera. In Hispanic households throughout the world, everything stops. You cook dinner, you clean your kitchen and then you sit for an hour or two or three, depending on how hooked you are. Here in this market prime-time starts at 6 and for three hours we are the audience to three different novella's. Sometimes, these people become like family, you root for them, you cry with them, you throw your shoe at them. Life at home becomes an extension of the soap opera to some degree. You cannot understand why they don't figure out who the bad guy is, or that the drink they are about to drink, given by the brother who wants to take over the company is laced with either poison, or drugs. Yes even family is not to be trusted, just like in politics, not even your own party can you trust!

    Example: A recent novella about a family with an evil wicked step mother. What makes this soap opera more interesting is that the evil step mother for years has portrayed the good girl, and this time around she is this despicable woman, who cheats on her husband with the spouse of her step daughter, at the same time plotting with an unknown face of an evil guy to bring down this family financially and physically. Politics....sometimes, I look at Olberman and think he would
    make a good villain in a novella, and Chris Mathew the bumbling accomplice. Sarah Palin would be the good girl. Think about it, in real life, you would not believe that all they do, or say would really be happening in this country, you would tell someone, "your making this up, aren't you"?

    Because as I watch the MSM I sit mouth wide open and awed at the comments from this men and the other "journalist" in the media. It amazes me to no end, and it makes me sick to my stomach at the same time. I wonder when they will just say "I hate Sarah Palin", or when they will have a "hate Sarah Palin show". Maybe have an audience who will take turns shooting darts or hell even a gun at a poster with a bulls eye of Sarah Palin. Why not, they detest her. You can see the bile creeping out of the corner of their mouths when they talk of Sarah Palin, or any Republican. Disgust, arrogance, hate. How sad, how very sad for this country.

    The media, what can one say about the media, what good can one say about the media? Not much!

    So, for the next three years the soap opera will continue, hopefully it won't be renewed, because in the well being of the American people, this novella has got to come to an end.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment